Before I go underground for exams, I’m doing this super awesome tag so that you awesome peeps can get to know me better;)
Jo’s #UnpopularOpinion TAG
1) A popular book or series that you didn’t like
Shatter Me by Mafi. Out of all the reviews I’ve read about it, on bookstagram, booktube and blogs, 95% people loved the series. Because of so much hype, I read Shatter Me to be super disappointed. You can read my review for my views.
2) A book or series that everyone seems to hate, but you love
Rather than series, I know a 3rd book in a very famous trilogy, which people hated for certain reasons but i loved it equally to all the other parts. GUESS?
It’s Mockingjay of The Hunger Games trilogy. Although it could have been improved but i absolutely adored it and the angst
3) A love triangle where the main character ended up with the ‘wrong’ person OR an OTP that you don’t like (SPOILER ALERT FOR THE HUNGER GAMES )
Again, it’s hunger Games. Not that i was too invested in the love triangle, but I wanted Katniss to end up with Gale not Peeta.
4) A popular book genre that you hardly reach for
I’ll say Romance. I never pick up purely romantic books or even the books where Romance plays a major part.
5) A popular or beloved character that you don’t like
Benji from Shatter me. I only read the first book in the series and didn’t like him that much. Maybe he improves later on.
6) A popular author that you can’t seem to get into
Lauren Kate. She is popular right?
7) A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing
Inta-love aka love at first sight. I HATE that so much!
8) A popular series that you have no interest in reading
I’ve a very nice reason for not reading this super popular series. As a kid, I loved Narnia while my friend loved this series. She would always say that this series was greater than Narnia. So I decided to never read the series. Now, all grown up i don’t want to read the series cus I know ALL the spoilers already.
Yes that series is Harry potter.
9) The saying goes:”The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. adaptation do you like more than the book?
None. Books are awesome and always better.